Wednesday 2 October 2013

Honey's Housacy Challenge Story Ch1, Part2

All right, I'm back again with another post since the first one survived! I'm extremely happy that it worked. I found out if I ignored the error message and saved the entry multiple times, it usually publishes fine. There were a few odd spaces in there and an image was missing but they showed up when I went back and edited, so it think this might just work out. :)
So, to continue where I left off...

 
Around lunch time, a couple of friendly neighbors came to welcome Lief to the neighborhood. I don't recall the name of the woman in the green pinstripes. The other lady is Bebe Hart. I must say, I like her butterfly-print pants. They're rather interesting. Not so sure I like her vest/jacket thingy though.

 
Lief remembers his manners and comes to greet the two ladies and invite them both inside. It doesn't hurt to make a few friends. 

 
So we get chatting to Mrs Somebody. I think her last name starts with a B. It's Bachelor or something like that. Lief's conversational skills are hardly riveting and they make light talk about the weather and getting to know one another.

 
Lief's favourite colour is red. Mrs Somebody has the good grace to look midly interested and make appropriate noises.

 
Her favourite colour is Aqua (or is it blue?). I never would have guessed it. She should have some blue or Aqua somewhere on her clothes. Maybe I'll employ a Sim Stylist later on and give makeover to some of the Sims in the town. ;)

 
Since the conversation about "What's your favourite colour?" dried up rather fast, Lief tries a new approach and enthuses about his new digs. Mrs B doesn't seem too excited and I have to say, I don't blame her. Lief: "Yeah, so, as soon as I have a bit of Simoleans, I'm planning to completely redecorate. Or move out...I'm not sure this is for me"
Ah, too bad someone forgot to tell him this is a Housacy. He's going to be here for a long stay. Nevermind, small details...

 
We finish talking to Mrs B and chat with Mrs Hart for a while, something more about houses and how the kitchen is ugly and the khaki on the walls reminds Lief of camping, and then we say goodbye, because time is ticking and my founder is starting to get rather hungry.          

 
Lief opens the fridge and scrounges up some ingredients...he has no cooking skill at all. I can only hope he doesn't burn down the kitchen!

 
He slides the tray of tasty looking waffles into the oven and we wait with bated breath, watching the fire alarm above the stovetop and praying it stays silent.
 
 
Voila! Lief and I can breathe a sigh of relief at that plate of delicious pastry he's just baked. Not only does my Sim get his very first meal (ever, in his entire existence), he gains a bit of cooking knowledge too.

 
After that rather unhealthy but scrumptious dinner, it's time to clean the sugar off Lief's teeth and head to bed. Not much has happened today but we fitted in as much as we could. Lief also searched for a job and clipped a coupon out of the newspaper, though I didn't think that was interesting enough to show you. Oh! That reminds me, I'll have to tell you his traits when I can remember all of them. Right now, the ones I can recall are: frugal and eco-friendly. These two may be cheating a little, since they give my very poor founder some discounts and positive moodlets, though I didn't count them much of an advantage. Cleaning teeth gives a moodlet boost, too - the minty fresh one, which is quite nice. It also helps keep his hygiene from dropping, since he'll take longer to get clean using the bath.

Lief: "Oo naw, ah c'n heer oo talkin' bou meh"

Sorry, what was that? I was just talking about you to our readers. If we have any.

 
With teeth brushed and flagging energy, Lief crawls into his double bed with the slightly scratchy looking bedspread. Tomorrow is another day and we have lots to do. It is a bit lonely for him, though and I did just install the Pets Expansion Pack yesterday. I think we might have to get him a pet to keep him company while we look for a future wife.
 
Lief: "Now what are you planning? Can you stop talking please? I'm going to sleep"
 
Hm, you're no fun at all, are you? Ah well, I guess we'd better end the second part here and hope Blogger publishes it. See you in Part 3, which will be soon to follow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment