Saturday 19 October 2013

Honey's Housacy Challenge Ch1, Part10

Agnes and Lief have returned from their honeymoon in France. Home isn't quite as pretty as the hotel they stayed at and the cuisine is not as interesting. But at least they have a place to come home to and food to eat. Don't look so glum, Agnes. Think of all the things you could do.
 
Agnes: "I miss Champs Les Sims"  
 
 
Lief: "Wow, that holiday went so fast. Home seems boring"
 
Of course it did - it was only 3 days. We'll have to upgrade your Visa. But for now, let's just get the hang of living together and finding a new routine. :) After all, life has changed for both of you. And stop complaining about your house. Agnes brought some money along and you know what that means? It's time to renovate!

 
Well, I'll wait till Agnes is out of the bathroom first. She seems to be a bit under the weather. I'm sure it's no surprise as to why, since this is a legacy after all. :3 I'm so curious to see what their child will look like.
 
Agnes: "Oh, I must have caught a bug or something from travelling overseas"
 
Hehehe...she'll have to find out.

 
I sent Agnes outside for some fresh air and to keep her out of the way while I work on the house. A quick check of her skills panel revealed that she has really high creativity and also a high cooking skill. She rolled the wish to master the painting skill and since she's only one point away, I thought we will try to achieve it. Then she can do paintings for the house. Sorry the yard's not very pretty by the way. I'm not allowed to do anything with it as per the challenge rules. At least it's green.

 
Ta da! Do you like my renovations? It's a bungalow, in Lief's version of the word. I tried to base it off places like Bali but I'm sure it's not that good. Lol. But I tried! I couldn't seem to find a thatched roof style so this one was the choice we got.

 
And Agnes has finished her painting. Wow, that's really good. Too bad it doesn't go with our new décor. It sells for a nice profit though. Now let's paint another one!
 
 
Or go and look around inside your new place. It seems a bit dark now that I see it here. Maybe I should put in a few more windows. Nearly everything is made of dark wood or polished wood and if you will, please imagine a nice incense burning throughout the rooms. XD
 
Agnes: "Now this is certainly different...I like it!"
 
It's a holiday at home. :D

 
Hmm, dunno if I like these floor boards. I think I need to make them darker. And maybe find a nicer wallpaper. Or a tropical picture for the wall. Oh, did you see? We got new furniture and stuff with Agnes' funds. I didn't go for the most expensive stuff, just things that looked like they might match. Hmm, I'll have to see what I can do with this kitchen.

 
To continue the tour of the bungalow, here is the bathroom. Now the loo looks like it belongs. :D Lol. And I made sure the paper roll is in in the right place. The torch in the wall sconce was a bit of fun. It just adds that tropical feeling. Oops, I don't know why it's bigger than the rest. I must have forgotten to resize it correctly. Maybe I just knew you all would love to see a picture of a toilet. Ha ha! XD
 
 
This has to be my favourite room in the house. The bedspread finally matches with everything else and I darkened up the bed a bit as well. The plants are the things that really add the atmosphere. I love that stripy tiger plant on the bedside table.

 
Agnes starts dancing to celebrate. I think she likes the makeover a lot. That and the radio was on. Lol. It's great to see that big smile on her face.

 
Lief joins in the dancing and celebrates too. It must be a happy day for him, finally saying goodbye to the red, yellow and green theme.
 
Lief: "It is. Plus, this is a really good song. Let's dance, honey!"

 
Ah no, mid dance she's off to the bathroom, again. That would put an end to the fun. Never mind, it's all for a good reason. Oh, that urn on the coffee table is Rose's ashes. I decided to keep it so she can come out and play when she wants to.

 
Things calmed down a bit and so it's time for a nice dinner, cooked by Lief. Of course, it would have to be spaghetti. XD Agnes has the want to eat ice cream and spaghetti. Both yummy things of their own accord. And Lief, well, that's his favourite food.
 
Lief: "How long do you think this Housacy is going to be? I think she's gonna conk out before she gets to the end"
 
Agnes: "Hmm, I give her till chapter three"
 
Come on, I promised I was going to try to make it to generation 10. D: Even if no one reads it but me.

 
Ah, the joys of married life. Being able to share the same bathroom. :)

 
And then its time to sleep until morning. Or it is for Lief. Agnes got woken up in the middle of the night.
 
Agnes: "Ugh, I was fast asleep...mumblegrumble"


 
Another trip to the bathroom. Her morning sickness is progressing as expected. I have to wonder if she's having more than one. But I guess we'll find out in two more days.

 
Agnes: "Oh, not again! What is it this time? I just want to sleep!" Yup. It's the same night and she's woken up again. Don't you hate when this happens? You just want to sleep and things keep waking you up...

 
Agnes: "Ohh, so that's why I've been ill so much. How lovely. Now I can go back to sleep"
 
 She finally realises she's pregnant. Whoever that is will be our heir. I plan to only start with one baby but in later generations maybe there'll be more. This little Sim should be off to a good start with both parents working at the local school. But then again, maybe it'd be awkward if your parents were also your teachers. XD Guess that depends on various things.

 
The next morning, Agnes breaks the news to Lief.

 
Agnes: "And that's why I couldn't sleep!"  

 
Lief: "Congratulations to us. Here, my dear Aggie, why don't you have this as a present?"
 
Agnes: "Aw, you shouldn't have. You know I love sparkly things"
 
He gave her a sparkly cut rock from his collection. It was pretty expensive and Agnes seemed to love it. She's going to carry it with her always to commemorate this moment.

 
And since she's a bookworm and needs to get out of the house, it's off to the library to read all the parenting books she can find. Those are her maternity clothes. Not too bad if I say so myself.

 
She reads rather fast thanks to her bookworm trait. When she runs out of books, maybe she can talk to the nurse who has sat nearby.

 
Lief wanted to enjoy the remaining days of summer, so it's off to the beach for him. He was in need of some exercise too. That ocean sure looks inviting. What beautiful view.

 
Now I want to go swimming. Hey Lief, see if you can swim out to that buoy.
 
Lief: "I don't have any athletic skills, remember?"

 
Agnes got invited to a pool party! And it's by none other than Cornelia. I shouldn't be surprised. When I looked into Agnes' family tree, it turns out she is Cornelia Goth's sister. Lief got invited to her costume party the year before. Maybe she was trying to set them up. Ha ha. 

 
Behold, the pregnant waddle. And here you can see her new swimsuit. It's nothing too fancy but it seemed to suit her. One more day to go before we get to meet the baby. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment