Wednesday 2 October 2013

Honey's Housacy Challenge - A Sims 3 Challenge Story

Hello and welcome to an attempt at my very first Sims 3 story. It's going to be a Housacy, which is a type of challenge made up by the Sims community and that's linked on the forums on the Sims 3 official site. You can browse the list of challenges here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/362585.page OR you can visit the original creator of this challenge here: http://thehousacylegacychallenge.blogspot.com.au/p/housacy-rules.html

Okay, now that that's out of the way, I can start with the story! The reason I'm typing it here and not on the Sims 3 story maker is because I tried uploading all my screenshots, painstakingly went through and put them in the correct order (since it didn't upload them in numerical order for some reason), typed the story underneath each screenshot and then clicked the 'save' button and...lost all my work - twice! It took me hours of writing and sifting the first time and hours more the second time to make those stories...and there was no way to get the story back once I'd lost it. Instead of saving my story, the page just refreshes, taking me to a blank page that is waiting for a story to be made. I tried switching browsers, I downloaded the latest version of Flash Player, I have the newest one of Java and I of course tried pressing the back button on my browser, to no avail. I have no idea why it's happening but in the end, I threw my hands in the air and just decided to do it here. That way, hopefully, it's stress free. (For me at least. Stress-free Sims I cannot guarantee). Without further ado, let me begin.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, so the goal of this challenge is to have ten generations of Sims and each generation will live in a different style of house! You start with a founder and once they have an heir, the heir can move out and into a new house but it must be a different type each time. Let me introduce you to my founder:


Meet Lief McLear, a man with reddish brown hair, blue eyes and a fairly simple outlook on life. He'll be moving into one the cheapest and smallest houses we could find, due to his limited funds and coming straight out of Create A Sim (CAS). That's right - it's the Bungalow! The only requirement for this type of house is it has to be one floor at ground level. It's pretty basic and not very fancy inside or out but it's home. Lief: "You know, when I hear the word 'bungalow', I think of somewhere tropical"

Oh, shush you. Let's go inside and look around...


Lief: "Meh...I guess it'll have to do"
At least it came fully furnished. Lief had just enough funds to splash out on the costs of basic necessities, although that now means he's nearly broke, with a mere 200-something Simoleans in the bank. We're going to have to scrimp and save while we try to find a decent job. But first, I should give you a tour:



Here we have the living room. It's small, cosy and has no TV but Lief has somewhere to sit and read, or socialize if he wants to. The red lamp and yellowish furniture match the colour scheme that runs throughout the house: red, green and gold. I would say it's like a Christmas tree...but I don't think it quite captures the feeling.



And this is the dining room. Lief also got a bookshelf as part of the auto-generated furnishings, which turns out to be really handy. It has one each of Cooking Vol. 1, Logic Vol. 1 and Handiness Vol. 1. Not bad to start out with. Since Sims made in CAS like Lief start out with no skill points, he'll need to brush up on them by reading books and doing the necessary activities.


Lief's home has two bedrooms. This one will be the spare room. It's got a bed and a candle in it and a desk in the corner to the left (you can't see it here). I'm not sure what to do with all that yet so I've left it there for now but I have a feeling this room's going to come in very handy. Lief will take the other room, next door. Lief: "Oh good, 'cause this room looks like my grandma's"
Lief, you don't have a grandma. In fact, you don't have anyone, you're all by yourself. We shall have to change that.
Lief: "I agree, I think I'd go crazy with only you to talk to, Honeydew"
Are you being smart with me?!
Lief: 'No, no, isn't that your username?"
Oh, right...sorry, yes, I forgot. My Sims 3 username is Honeydew333. Anyone who wants to be friends on there, feel free to send a request. (I'm currently friendless but that's just because I haven't been on the website much until now).

As if you wanted to continue the tour...let me show you our lovely bathroom. The green and red checkered tiles and the matching walls continue the theme that runs throughout the rest of the house. This tub is all Lief has for now - no shower, so bathing is going to be somewhat slower. It's better than nothing, though.



And over here, we have the rest of the matching mustard set! Oh dear. I never realised before how far that loo roll was away from the toilet. Lief, you're going to have to lean to the side just a tad...
Lief: "Yeah, we're gonna have to get that moved"



Last but not least, we'll finish up with a bird's-eye view of the house so you know where we are when I'm showing additional screenshots. Granted, I probably didn't need to give a tour or a layout view of this place since it's so small and pokey but I plan to do this later with every new house I show throughout the legacy, until generation 10. So I figured it's good practice.

And since Blogger is giving me error messages whenever it tries to save my post, I think I'll end this one here and start a new one. It's probably best to cut this story into short, manageable bites. That way, it should take less time to load the images and it'll be less likely I lose my whole story again. Because that'd really have me pulling my hair out! Anyway, to anyone whose bothered, thanks for reading my little intro. Please stay tuned for more instalments. ^_^ SpringRain/Honeydew333













No comments:

Post a Comment