Wednesday 23 October 2013

Honey's Housacy Challenge Ch2, Part 1

Yay, we made it to chapter two. I didn't think I was going to because I took so many screenshots but here we are! I apologise in advance for the obligatory pictures of Agne's hospital visit and resulting baby photos. I know you've probably seen them all a hundred times in other stories. I just can't help myself. Lol.

Anyway, things haven't really started off on a good note this time. It's not that big of a deal being burgled because they have a lot of Simoleans now but it's still just a nuisance! What an annoying person to steal things in the middle of the night. Lol. I forgot to buy a security alarm so I suppose it's partly my fault.

 
Sims steal the funniest things. She takes the stove. I wish I had one of those bags. Imagine being able to store things like that. "What's in the bag, miss?" "Oh, just a stove" Lol.

 
And we also lost our stereo. I colour coordinated that to match with the décor! How dare she? Eh well, I suppose she needed it more.  

 
Lief doesn't look happy about losing two items. If he had better athletic skills, maybe he could run after her. Instead all he can do is watch. Poor Lief.
 
Lief: "No need to rub it in"

 
And randomly there's a deer standing in the corner of the garden, while Miss Cat Burglar makes her getaway. "Time to fly like a rocket" Or something like that. Lol.

 
Agnes doesn't seem to be upset at losing their furniture. She is rubbing her hands in glee at the sudden influx of money from selling her car. I sold it to buy replacements but since I don't want them to have too much money, I'll probably make them spend most of it on holidays and spa visits. Not a bad way to limit the funds. There wasn't anything in the rules about how much you're meant to have but I think it's more fun when there's less.   
 
 
Agnes is painting again. She's got high skills in creativity/painting so she makes some really lovely artworks to decorate the house with.


Yes, it's three days already. Time to visit the hospital! Agnes waddles her way to the maternity ward with calm and dignity. That's not what it looks like on TV. Lol.
 
 
Lief was asleep but he woke up and ran after her. Typical Sim.


Ah, there's the first heir. It's a girl. I should probably warn you that I'm not good at picking names so I hope you can forgive me. Lol. Let's take her home!

 
Agnes and Lief bring their bundle of joy home. Well, they don't look very joyous for having her but I'm sure they'll warm up.
 
Agnes: "Phew, I'm exhausted. Childbirth is too much hard work. Let's not do that ever again"  

 
Just when you thought you could relax and spend time with your new daughter, something always goes wrong. This time, it's the sink. Lief, I don't think standing right there is a good idea. You're getting splashed.

 
Ignoring the sink, the father daughter duo can get acquainted. Much more important than a flooded kitchen. And probably cuter. It was hard to get pictures of her but I don't think it matters since all babies look the same in these games, don't they? I was a little disappointed about that since it's nothing new from Sims 2. Lol. It would be fun to customise them though.  

 
Oh and this is her nursery. Everything is still themed so it feels like it's tropical. I especially like the little frog growth chart. It's really adorable.

 
Lief comes back out to a now fully flooded kitchen. We really should get it fixed.

Or just futilely mop it until the repairman gets here. XD Lief is trying his darndest.  

 
In between taking care of uh, what'shername. I know, I am terrible, I have forgotten the name of my own child. Well, my own Sim's child. Ahaha!
 
I just love this changing table/dresser from the nursery set I bought off the Sims 3 store. I've forgotten the name of the set it comes with. I think it's the Sweet Dreams Nursery but don't quote me on that. Lol. You know, I was wondering why these didn't come with the base game. I don't like how simple it is to take care of the babies and toddlers. It's too easy and repetitive and so, it gets boring. It would be more fun (for me lol) to be able to customise them and their clothes and such and if they were more challenging and realistic. As that's not everyone's cup of tea I can understand why they didn't do that. But it'd be nice to have a switch or some 'modes' of difficulty to choose from in regards to that (like, in the game options) and to be able to have babies that looked like their parents. I dunno, just my little ideas. ^_^ I like babies and cute things, like I said! Ha ha. I do love the new daycare job that they included with one of the expansions. Anyway, looks like Lief is a good dad.

 
Finally the repairman has arrived right when Agnes is trying to have some breakfast. Her slippers must be soggy from the puddle. Ha ha. Oh well, she doesn't care, she's got pancakes. Yum! You know what? The more I look at this kitchen, the uglier I think it is. I just have to change those walls to something more...tropical? What have I done? D: Lol. I'm sorry you have to see this...

 
Aww, it's Mama's time to get to know her little girl. So far the only time Agnes has held her is when she was brought home and she rolled the want to pick up the baby, so here ya go. I can't tell who little...what'sherface...takes after yet. Agnes looks like quite the glamorous mother doesn't she? Ha ha. Gosh, I wish I'd written her name down somewhere. Was it Edna? Julia? Argh!

 
Meanwhile, there's a present in the mail. The notification said it was sent from a relative for little Not-Edna but I can't remember who it was from. Lief goes to retrieve his daughter's new imaginary friend.

 
Mind you, it seems like she's plenty entertained just talking to her teddy bear. :3 I wanted to zoom in to see her eyes and see if they're coloured but I couldn't get the camera to go that close. Lol. It looks like she's asking for a hug.

 
It's Not-Edna's first bath! That's the other thing you can do with the changing table and it's pretty cute to watch. Agnes and Lief are taking good care of her so they have a high relationship score before she ages into a toddler. While Agnes is busy doing that, Lief, is...

 
...pursuing his lifetime wish and working on his guitar skills. In his pyjamas. If he wants to achieve it before he dies, he'll have to get a move on. It's not part of the rules either but it's just nice to see your Sims reaching their goals and coming back as happy ghosts. :)

 
And Agnes is taking care of baby some more. She does have a name. It's not Abbie, it's...oh rats, let me go find my notebook. It is...
 
Alisha McLear. Gee, why couldn't I remember that? And now for some interesting information about Alisha's family tree:
 
Agnes Crumplebottom is the sister of Cornelia Goth (nee Crumplebottom) who is married to Gunther Goth. The Goths have a son named Mortimer who lives in their gothic mansion and later marries a woman named Bella Bachelor and has two children; Cassandra and Alexander. With this information, that makes Alisha Mortimer's cousin. Though I think he must be older than her by quite a lot.

 
Ha ha, this is what happens when you click the 'change' option for a baby or toddler that needs a diaper change. A cloud of baby powder that just is enormous! XD I read somewhere on the internet that baby powder is not considered good to use anymore because it can be dangerous to breathe in and would irritate the baby's lungs but Sim babies must have adapted to be safely able to breathe it in. Lol.  And Sim parents too!

 
Ah, it's still summer and here comes that ice cream truck again. We haven't tried all the flavours yet so I sent Agnes to cool down and have some time to herself with a sweet treat. Did you know you can make each season last longer or shorter in the game options menu? You can also choose for them to be displayed in Fahrenheit or Celsius. So I made each season last ten days instead of the usual (5 or 7, can't remember which).

 
Mm, it's a rainbow ice block. Truly a nice thing about summer days. Let's watch to see if she gets a coloured tongue. :D

 
Oh great, first it was the sink and now it's the toilet! That is definitely broken. Agnes gets on to calling the repairman straight away. It's times like these we need a handy or inventor Sim to make things unbreakable.

 
And that was the last day of Summer. It's Autumn (Fall), now and the leaves are starting to turn. This season is going to last for ten days but that's okay because I love enjoying each season. Wow, the bungalow looks so tiny surrounded by all those big trees. As soon as we can buy or build our next house, it will definitely be bigger, but which style should I choose? I guess Alisha will have to grow up and help us make a good decision. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment