Saturday 5 October 2013

Honey's Housacy Challenge, Ch1, Part4

Here I am back again with more of the story! I now have about 287 screenshots from the time I spent playing The Sims 3 last night, so I have plenty of materials. ^_^; It may just take me a while to post them all into my Blog though. Don't worry, I'll do it in bits. There's not going to be 287 pictures in one post alone!

So, where were we? Ah yes, still looking for a date for Lief. Since he's going to need to meet someone to have an heir with before he gets too old (or his potential candidates do), I sent him out and about to meet new people. He spoke to quite a few ladies today yet none of them seemed to be 'the one'.

Lief: "So, uh, do you like to travel? I like to travel. I think I do anyway; I've never actually travelled anywhere"

Woman I don't recall the name of: "Oh, umm, I like books...about travelling to other places. Do you read books?"

 
Hmm, I don't recall her name yet I'm pretty sure the lady he's talking to is already in a relationship. Moving on...let's talk to this nice woman over here in this small crowd of Sims. She seems to have a mutual attraction with my founder!
 
Lief: "Well hello there...I don't think I've seen you around here before. I'm Lief, Lief McLear"
 
Ah, nice one Lief. Play it cool. Smooth! (Lol) Just ignore the crowd of onlookers.
 
Red haired lady: "Ooh, it's a pleasure to meet you Mr McLear! I'm *insertnamehere*" (Rats! I should make notes or something. Why can't I remember their names?!)

 
Now, this looked very promising but I like to play it safe before we get into anything risky, so I prompted Lief to inquire if she was single. Good thing I did. This fiery haired vixen is already in a relationship...she's married! Married people are off-limits. The fight that broke out behind them really kills any sort of mood anyway.
 
Lief: "Ah, so are you, ow! Would you two give it a rest! I'm trying to ask someone's marital status here!"

 
After spending the rest of the afternoon talking to various people in town, Lief did find a few possible matches. And it really was a 'few', in the literal sense of the word. Two single ladies were among the Sims he met that day. Well, it's better than nothing. Lief was getting tired so we headed back to the bungalow to consider our options. It's currently spring and it started to rain (I have the wonderful Seasons EP installed. I would highly recommend it if you love weather).  

 
Meanwhile, Lief was inside, cosy and dry and practising his cooking skills. All that talking to people made him hungry. With another increase in his cooking skills, we decided to try a new meal - mac n' cheese. Lief's cleaning skills are another matter...
 
Lief: "Mmm, this is looking good"
 
Not like your kitchen bench. >.> Is that mould? Spinach? I shudder to think of it.

 
While Lief chows down on his surprisingly edible macaroni cheese, Rose dreams of more appropriate foods for a dog - this time, it's chicken. I wonder if we can ever get Lief's skills to that stage where he'll be able to cook one for her? Probably not though. Rose is an old dog already and he's a busy Sim. I also haven't played Pets enough to figure out if you can feed the animals human foods yet. But it's so cute watching her dream of chicken!

 
Oh, what is this? We have a visitor this time of night? Lief, where did you meet this woman?
 
Lief: "Oh this is Agnes from work. She's a playground monitor at the school. She rang and we got chatting and so we thought we could catch up"
 
Agnes: "Agnes Crumplebottom, to be precise"
 
Oh, er...how nice. I suppose we'd better invite her in.

 
Agnes follows Lief inside and the two happily begin chatting about work and things related. Lief, put that school bus in a proper speech bubble. Where are your manners?
 
Lief: "Sorry, I forgot. I'm a bit nervous. I've never really gotten to talk to her before - and now she's in my house!"
 
Pull yourself together, man. Ask her what her sign is!

 
So he asks her a few questions such as what her sign is and whether she's single and bingo - we have a winner! She's single and their signs don't conflict (that I know of). Not only does it turn out Lief is attracted to Agnes (for whatever reasons) but the interest is mutual. I pondered over what it would sound like if she was 'Agnes McLear' and I rather liked it. More than Crumplebottom anyway. It sounds a little bit Scottish or something. :D The humour that my founder might just marry the woman who one day hits people with her handbag has not escaped me. XD

 
Lief finishes their visit with a presentation of flowers. Friendly yellow, to let her know he cares but isn't sure yet. Agnes seems positively delighted. It's lovely to see her smile. She tends to go around muttering darkly to herself when she's not interacting with Lief.

 
The very next day, Lief gets a surprise phone call, asking him would he like to go on a date. It's not from Agnes, though - it's from Cornelia Goth, his boss and wearer of black lipstick. Since they're also mutually attracted and we aren't sold on Aggie yet, we decide to say yes. Rose just wants her hotdog toy.

 
I have no idea where Lief is going. Thankfully, he seems to know. He takes a run across a green, tree-filled valley that is really very pretty.

 
And all the way to a pond I know very well. It's a good fishing spot and also happens to be where I build most of my other Sims houses and families next to in other saved games. And look! Tomatoes and cabbages growing in the wild. Or maybe someone planted them in the garden. I've never known tomatoes to grow their own stake to climb up before. In the distance, you may be able to see Lief's date...who appears to be reading a book or fishing, I can't tell which.

 
Lief: *puff puff* "Hi...I....*wheeze*...I made it! Nice weather today...*pant*"
 
As you can tell, Lief isn't very fit. His athletic skill is zero. Cornelia doesn't look very amused. Or maybe that's her neutral expression. :) At least she picked a lovely spot to meet up.

 
We've had enough beating around the bush so it's time to get straight to the point. Lief, m'dear, you know what to do.
 
Lief: "Are you single, by any chance? Just thought I ought to check since, you know, I've been invited on dates by married women in the past"

 
Cornelia: "What does that have to do with anything?"

 
We didn't like that answer. What a crappy date. Not only is Cornelia married to Gunther Goth, (I have no idea who he is), it's started to rain as well. Lief books it out there in the downpour, feeling like we wasted our time. Sorry Cornie, not today. (Not ever...but I'm not game to tell her that when Lief needs a reliable income, ha ha!) 

 
So we go home and Lief practises his culinary skills some more, this time with something nice and colourful for lunch. A rainbow dish known as Autumn Salad. It makes me hungry just looking at it.
 
Lief: "Gee thanks, I thought my cooking was improving"
 
Technically, you don't have to cook that. You just toss it all around in a bowl but yes, it is is getting better.
 
 
Lief: "Ah, great. Just what I need after that crappy date"
 
Oh no, the cheap loo has finally broken. What did you do to it?
 
Lief: "Nothing! I pressed the flush button and now this. It isn't my fault the stupid thing is clogged. And you still haven't moved that toilet paper!"  
 
Well, at least we know that's not what's causing it. I want to kick that loo! >.>

 
Aw, cute! Lief made Rose her own gourmet dog food. It's the finest ground beef to be had. Rose is sniffing it out already. Here girl, come on!

 
Lief is a responsible and loving pet owner. Amidst all this trying to find a date, working and trying to learn new skills, he always makes time for his four legged friend. Brushing her coat is a common routine. Just look at that adorable paw print brush.

 
I may have spoken too soon about Lief's cooking skills. His cleaning skills are pretty abysmal yet I thought he knew how to make food without annihilating it. Lief! Look at the stove!
 
Lief: *cough* "Yep, that's definitely burnt" *cough-cough*

 
Lief: "Maybe I can scrape off the black bits"
 
I don't think that's edible...you can't afford to have food poisoning. Toss it out and try again. Or at least clean the gunky stuff off your kitchen. Eurgh! :x

 
Lief: "Fine, fine, I was gonna do it eventually. Why do I have to do it now?"
 
Because it looks yicky and gives you negative moodlets and makes me cringe, that's why. Now scrub that sponge harder.
 
Lief: "It's a sponge, it's soft and squishy, I'm scrubbing as hard as I can"
 
You're just smushing the gook around...I'm going elsewhere. I can't watch.  

 
Leaving Lief to clean up his horrendous kitchen, I go and see what Rosie Posie is up to. She's off hunting for collectibles in the autumn kissed town.

 
Eventually she returned with a maple leaf, which I thought was sweet. The beautiful colours of the leaves make a lovely image of Sunset valley. Unfortunately, it did start to rain while Rose was out sniffing for treasures and she ended up getting quite muddy and smelly.

 
So when she got home, Lief had more cleaning to do.
 
Lief: "I don't mind this kind of cleaning. Whose a good girl? Good Rosie Posie!"
 
He's such a devoted pet owner. In fact, he seems to attract animals of all kinds. I wonder if this means he'll be good with kids too. XD

 
With Rose washed, blow-dried and happily eating her dinner, Lief has some leisure time to himself. Hopefully his fingers aren't too wrinkly from all that cleaning. He's finally got the chance to use his guitar, starting him on the road to achieving his lifetime wish of Golden Tongue, Golden Fingers. I purchased it a while ago and it's been sitting in his room.
 
Lief: "Right now, they're more like prune fingers. I have a seriously bad case of dishpan hands. But this is fun"

 
Ah yes, since it's autumn, spooky day rolled around! Lief was invited to Cornelia's costume party and guess what he spun into for his costume? That's right - that giant walking, talking hotdog right there. How in the world is that scary?! Maybe if you're a vegetarian it would be. Or maybe the point is just to dress up, since Agnes is also here and she's dressed as a nurse. Nurses' can be scary though...and so can hospitals. But hot dogs...they're kind of goofy.
 
Lief: *whisper* "Cornelia looked scary before wearing a costume"
 
Be nice! This is your boss, remember.
 
Lief: "That's partly why!" *whimper*  

 
Lief: "Oh, Agnes, fancy seeing you here! Do you work at the hospital now? I thought you were still at the school"
 
No, silly, that's her spooky day costume.
 
Agnes: "Oh my, that costume is rather cute"  
 
She still has a thing for Lief, I see. Hmm...

 
Lief, where's your outfit?
 
Lief: "I got hungry and it was hard to move in that thing. And Agnes called it cute. No way am I wearing it one second longer. I should have worn something like that"
 
That? That's freaky, yes, but it's a little too freaky. I don't think it suits you. Aw, you called her Agnes, that's nice.
 
Lief: "Well, uh, she insists. Besides, I don't think Mrs Crumplebottom rolls off the tongue as sweetly"

 
Agnes: "Boo! Where's your spooky day spirit? I liked that costume"
 
Girl: "Hey, you can't do that! The party's still going"
 
Sheesh, Sims sure are picky about how they want things done. I couldn't bear to see my founder looking like a jumbo hotdog any longer though. T_T It just isn't him!

 
Man: "Bahh, party pooper!"
 
Girl: "Hmph! Why even bother coming?"
 
I'm truly not sure if they're mad that he's eating the food at someone else's house or if they're annoyed he's not in a dress-up anymore. But as they're all still dressed in theirs, I figure it's the latter. Hang in there Lief, the party's almost over and then you can go home.

 
Lief: "What? What? I can't help it if I'm hungry" *pout-sulk-sulk...*
 
And I can't help it that I didn't know they preferred you as a hot dog. Ah well, I think we'll end it here for now. Lief, I hope you make it home alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment