Sunday 22 June 2014

Honey's Housacy Challenge Ch2, Part3

Hello, I'm back again with another installment of my housacy challenge. It's been a while, I know. I got sidetracked with other things and didn't have time nor energy to work on it. But I'm on holidays now and I do have some time, so today it occurred to me to upload another chapter! I got all excited lol.

This first house and first generation has been a bit of a challenge for me, figuring out how much to tell and what pictures to use. I think I'll make the next generation's chapters shorter, so I can move through it faster. My goal is to see whether I can make it through ten generations, each with a different house as per the rules. But I am never going to get there if it takes me ten years to tell the story! Well, I would, but, you know...ten years is a long time.

I might have forgotten a few things...okay, I did forget some stuff! I should have made a Word document or something with notes in it. I had notebook but it's lost in my room somewhere and I don't know where. But this, to the best of my memory, is Louie Dean, over for, not bartending, as it may appear, but babysitting our little angel, Alisha. He's just getting a drink before he starts. Babysitting can be tough work. And if you'll note the snow outside the window, it is still in the depths of winter at this time. Yay! Snowflake day is approaching.


 Who is this, you might ask? Actually, I thought it was Leif but then I looked closer and realised we got a new maid. The beret adds a dash of style don't you think? Who says you can't look nice while taking out the rubbish. XD


It's good to see Louie doing what Agnes and Leif hired him for. I was worried he was going to stay at the bar, since some Sim NPCs have a habit of doing fun things and forgetting their jobs while at work. I'm sure you all know what I mean. The only time I don't mind that is when it turns out to be funny, or it involves the Grim Reaper. Love that guy. :D

Louise: "Here comes the monster tickle hand...arrr"


Whoops, I chopped Alisha's head off! 

Loiue: "I can't look!" 

Uh, wait, I mean...I chopped your thought bubble of her thought bubble self's head off. Hmm, not sure if that's any better. Lol. At least we got the cuteness of her laughing from that tickle attack.

Alisha: *squeal* *giggle giggle* "You'we funny!"


Skip a few hours of that, and look, daddy's home! Wouldn't that cheer you up after a hard day at work? Unless you don't like coming home to kids after spending all day with other kids.

Happily, I don't think Lief has that problem. 

Leif: "Alisha!"

Alisha: "Daddy!


All right, I can't help it. I have a weakness for cute stuff. I have to do it all now and get it out my system so I don't do it in the next generations. And besides, she's only going to be this little once. And...and...those are the only two excuses I can think of for posting these kinds of pictures. The read together interaction definitely falls in the category of super-cute. 

Leif: "And so, the Grim Reaper decided to collect the lonely ghosts of the Sims to give them a happy new home in the afterlife. He pulled out his magical mobile phone, and began making a call to heaven..."

Leif! What kind of fairy tale is that?!

Leif: "What? It was a present from the Goth family".


Aha, see! I haven't forgotten about Agnes. I talked in the last chapter about working on her writing skills, and here she is, with her very own laptop. Little hard to find places to work in our bungalow house, so I thought a portable option was best.

Agnes: "Leif, can you eat that more quietly? I am trying to write here" 
 
Leif: "Sorry. This is the kitchen table"

Agnes: "Go and eat on the couch"

Leif: "I can eat more quietly"


A smiling Alisha in a teddy bear high chair. Awwww! Just couldn't resist. I did say I'd try not to take too many pictures of my toddler Sims. Please forgive my lapse/s of good judgement regarding that. The Sim Days are just flying past and I wanted to take a few more pics before she grows.

Alisha: "I'm sitting on Mista Bear!"


After dinner, (I think), it is time to play. Agnes is working on her writing skill, so it's up to Leif to keep their daughter entertained. I see he has a secret weapon.

Leif: "Come on Alisha, let's play with your favourite toy"

Alisha: "Yay!"



Leif (as teddy): "Hello, my name is Mister Bear" 

Alisha: "I aw'ready know dat, silly!"

Come on Leif, be creative. Put your skills to good use.

Leif: "Uh, I am a brown bear. I like to eat fish, nuts and berries"

Alisha: "Nooooo! You got it wrong!"

Leif: "Er...fine, what do I like eating?" 

Alisha: "Choc-wit" 

Leif: "Huh? Why chocolate?" 

Alisha: "It's what makes him bwown"

Gosh Leif, and you call yourself a teacher.


Well, as I said in our previous post, Alisha has already mastered two of the three important life skills for Sim toddlers. This skill is the last one! It's a little harder than the other two because unlike talking and walking, we can only do this one in parts. For kinda obvious reasons. Lol. 

Leif: "That's it, Alisha. The skill points bar is filling up!" 

And so is the potty. X3

Leif: "EW...thanks"

You're welcome Leif. (I love teasing my Sims!!)


With all the playing and learning that's been done, our housacy heir is finally tuckered out, so it's time to put her to bed.


Not without a goodnight story.

Leif: "Banana banana banana, balloons balloons balloons, cow cow cow"

(Note: I have no idea what those pictures in the book he's holding actually are. I just took the nearest guess)

Isn't that book a little repetitive? All the flipping pages are the same! 

Leif: "Sims believe in repetition as one of the key learning techniques. If you repeat something enough times, it sinks in and gets stuck in your brain". 

I see...but why not just use the same page? 

Leif: "What? That's ridiculous. I've never heard of a book with one page" 


Aha, it worked.

Your monotonous chanting must have sent her right to sleep. Like a white noise or something. n.n

Hm, maybe I should try it: 'Banana...banana...banana...' *zzzzZZZzzzz*

Hesper: 'Augh, someone give me that book, it's driving me crazy!'



**************************************************
Star star star, star star, star star....

No, I'm not still taking a leaf out of Leif's book (ha ha), I'm just being silly. With the obvious line break/time skip, I can now seperate this picture from the ones that came before in order to tell you that today is Alisha's birthday. 

I wanted to throw her a small party to celebrate the transition from Sim-toddler to Sim-child, but as explained in my last post, I tried to capture it on SimCam and that...didn't go so well. It was super crappy to be totally honest. These are the couple of pictures I took when I wasn't trying to film stuff. 

Now you know, whenever you see balloons anywhere near or in my Sim's houses, that means some sort of event is happening or going to happen. Oh look - balloons!! *points down* 


And where is the birthday girl? 

Agnes: "Here she is! Tickle tickle tickle!" 

Ooh, nice job, she's awake and already dressed. Looks like I'm not the only one who likes birthdays. 

Agnes: "Sim legacy readers probably hate them to death"

Ah, thanks for that dear Agnes. I'll try not to drag it out too much. >.<;


And lo, the first guest has arrived (with a plate of spaghetti to share). I don't remember who he is or who invited him but he is here and that's what matters. Hey, what happened to Alisha's ladybug ensemble?

Agnes: "This is my baby's new party dress. My sister said I should have gone with the black silk but I think pink matches her better"

Agreed. 

Alisha: *whine* "This is itchy"


*ding dong* 

Ah, more guests are at the door. I love Mrs What's-her-name's cat sweater. So CUTE! Sadly, although Leif and Agnes both work at the only school in the place, we don't know any other toddlers, so we just invited grown-up friends. XD

And here comes Auntie Cornie in her puffy jacket.

Cornelia: "Sister! What is that ghastly pink outfit you have dressed my niece in? I thought we agreed to go with the black one"

Agnes: "Hello sister, glad to see you could make it. Don't listen to Auntie, Alisha; drink your 'milk'*"

*what in heck is that stuff anyway?


With formalities out of the way and some kiddish tunes playing on the stereo, it is soon time to blow out the candles on the cake. Which I missed, trying to film it. Just use your imagination. 

Agnes: "Hey, sweetie, where did your pretty dress go?" 

Alisha: "Auntie"

Agnes: "That Cornelia! Who does she think she is? Oh, wait...she's my sister *sigh*"

((I think she just changed outfits, I really can't remember. And I picked that out especially too ..T_T..))


Wonderful unicorns and fairies welcomed a new version of miss Alisha to the Housacy! You missed all of them, but the remains of their visit can still be seen in the traces of fairy dust sparkling onto the ground and the bright mismatched clothes they provided to our heir.

Alisha: "I leveled up! I leveled up! Can I have some cake now?"

You 'aged up' dear, and yes, go ahead and try out those new set of teeth. It must be great to try something that isn't in mush or liquid form. 


Leif: "Awesome, somebody brought a plate of nachos! Alisha, you should try these next"

Are they nachos? *squints* I think that's what they are.

Leif: "I dunno but they're crunchy"


Some time later, after the probable-nachos have been eaten, Alisha gets to see her new bedroom, now renovated and updated to be more suitable for a childSim. And Alisha herself gets a bit of a makeover too. I always do after they 'level up' hee hee. 'Randomized' isn't my favourite look. The butterflies on the walls really added that dash of colour the place needed, 'cause bright colours seem to suit this girl. I didn't want to change it too much because I still wanted the house to look 'bungalow' (whatever that means). But I think she likes it.

Alisha: "Good thinking, adding the butterflies. Now mister frog has lots of food to eat"


Alisha: "Oh wait, there's no doll house. Boo! I wanted to play with dollies"

Well there wasn't room to fit one. There is a toy chest behind you.


Alisha: "Oh, didn't see that there. Heh heh..."

Of course, she picks out a frog. I think. Is that a turtle? Frog? Reptile of some kind, wearing a bow? 

Alisha: "It's a frog, I like frogs. And she has a bow because she's a girl frog" 

That makes sense. 

Alisha: "Well all my other toys so far are boys for some reason" 

Ah...hmm, wonder why that might be. >.> ((Oops, bad habit. I do that with my own toys. Giant white fluffy teddy bear? Boy. Cute kitty plush with button eyes and a ribbon? Boy. Pink and sparkly with huge glitter eyes? It's a boy. Pink foldy cushion with lime green accents? Boy! 

For some reason, I assign all my stuffed toys the male gender and give them ambiguous names. I'm odd like that)) 


Alisha: "Daddy, I need you to play the frog song" 

Leif: "Okay honey. Five little speckled frogs, sat on a great big log, eating the most delicious bugs~..." 

Mrs-what's-her-name: "Ooh, I love this song!" *dances*

Mr Shaved-head-guy: "Hey Agnes, did you ever get to try the fried frog's legs when you went on that holiday? I heard they're pretty good" 

Lol.


Time to sleep in her new big girl bed. In her new big girl pajamas, in her new big girl room. 

Alisha: "Ahh, you can stop now!"


Good idea. We've reached the end of my roll of screenshots for this section. :D Goodnight Alisha, sleep well. See you in the next part of my housacy story. 

Alisha: "Whatever, I'm going to sleep" 


Bye for now, and thanks for reading. If you are reading. If not, uh...thanks for nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment