Wednesday 27 August 2014

Honey's Housacy Challeng Ch2, part 12

 We finished off the last post with a picture of the fully grown Lucky, but this post seems to be starting off with just the opposite. Why oh why did I never install that burglar alarm?! You think the number of times we've been robbed would have given me a hint, but no such luck. So here we are, being robbed, burgled, or whatever you want to call it.Wonder what they're gonna take this time in their magical bag of wonders. Hmm, looks like they're headed for the laundry. Oh no, please, not the chemistry set! ):


Whoops, my mistake. They were headed for the bathroom and it seems they have stolen...LOL They have stolen the TOILET!! Ha ha, funniest thing I have ever heard of being stolen but oh well. I guess it's not that funny when you consider how terribly inconvenient that would be. But I know we can always buy another one if we have to.


NOW they sneak into the laundry and pilfer another item of plumbing; that's right, it's the washing machine. I don't know who is desperate enough to want to steal someone's loo and their washer in the same night but apparently this sim is. If they have to go to this much trouble to get what they need, I figure we may as well let them have it. Silly sims! XD


Okay, back to the lighter stuff. I am sure you'll notice all the balloons floating around. Well, that's because we're having a bachelor party. Marshall's to be exact. Looks like it's getting off to a good start. Music's playing, people are dancing, and of course sims are enjoying our lovely spa pool and loungers. Lucky likes walking about and meeting all the new people.


 Ah, we have a bar now too. Just in case I forgot to mention. That small bench at the far left hand corner. While Marshall is partying with his friends, Alisha is at work, doing jobs around the town for her styling career.


 Woman: "Ooh la la, I love this new outfit and hairdo, Alisha, The other ladies at the seniors dance are going to be so jealous!" 

Alisha's got another promotion, she's doing really well. ^_^ I think this was one of my favourite makeovers to date. And I really like her new uniform as well.


Just another piccy to show off our work. Alisha, that is a job well done indeed. 

Alisha: "Thanks, well if you ever need my services again, you know where to find me" :) 


Alisha and Marshall, excited and anticipating their wedding day. 

Marshall: "How was work today hon?" 

Alisha: "It was great. How was your party? The house looks so clean" 

Marshall: "It was fantastic. They even helped me clean up afterwards. And that's good to hear. Sounds like you had a productive day"


Another change to the scenery below. The house was getting crowded and looking a bit cluttered with pet toys and accessories, so I decided to put the end room on the top right hand corner to good use and made it a playroom for our pets to live in. Dupling's bed is on the far left, then it's Lucky and then it's Alabaster on the far right.


 Ohh look; more balloons. I wonder what THIS could mean. He he.

Yep, you guessed it. After proposals and bachelor parties come weddings. It is a clear and lovely morning and everything's been set up to tie the knot. Looking over the ocean, just as Marshall promised.


 The happy couple gather under the floral arch when the guests begin to arrive. Anybody recognise the lady in front, with the brown hair? If I'm not mistaken, she's the one who ran out embarrassed after one of Alisha's very first sessions at the salon. And there's Marshall's sister sitting in the front row, and the unicorn lady at the back. I'm not sure about this either but I think she was the paparazzi that Agnes talked to about unicorns one time before.


The seats continue to fill up with more townies and good friends that my sims have met. And even Lucky comes to join the crew. A more lovely day for a wedding, we could not ask for. :)


 Marshall, why are you thinking about Unicorn lady? 

Marshall: Just thinking Alisha did a good job on her outfit, that's all. 

That's right; Alisha has to have used her fashion knowledge on roughly half of the townspeople by now. Not all of them are entire outfit changes, some of them are just one new outfit or a new hair style. But it shows.

Marshall: "Right; Alisha's presence in this town is seen everywhere. It's nice. Our town wouldn't be the same without her"



Once everyone is seated, the vows are said. 

Alisha: "I, Alisha McLear, promise to love and be with you till the end of our days, in sickness and in health, in hard times and in good times, till the reaper come to lead us into the next phase of our life" 


She puts the ring on Marshall's finger.


 Now it's his turn: 

Marshall: "I, Marshall Decker promise to love you in sickness and in health, to stay with you through all types of weather, till death do us part" And he gives her the ring as heart confetti drifts around them.


You may now kiss the bride. 

Congratulations. I hope you two will be a very happy and successful couple throughout generation two of our housacy. *wipes tear*  


 Applause and celebration follows the kiss. But the wedding party's not over yet. Next we have to cut the cake. 
 

Man in tunic "Oh, cake,cake, I love cake!" 

Looks like Marshal and Alisha aren't the only ones excited about their wedding treat. Everyone gathers around to watch it being cut. It seems almost a shame to destroy something so pretty, if we didn't know how delicious it is.


Alisha: "Oo, I can't wait to taste the chocolate jam sponge underneath the frosting"  

Marshall: "Just give me one second while I pull the knife out of thin air" Lol. 


 "Ta da!" Slice, and the cake is cut, But Marshall, aren't you supposed to cut it together as a symbol of your unity? 

Marshall: "We decided not to go with that tradition, considering Alisha's history with food"

Alisha: "It was my idea" :)


 Before she can even get a slice, the guests move in like a pack of hungry wolves. Geez, you guys, what about the bride? 

Alisha: '"Oh no this was my idea too; guests go first, because they are our friends. And then the bride and groom. Because we wanted to thank them for attending our wedding" 

Oh. Never mind then. Continue on. That sounds like a nice idea.
 

Hey that cake does look good. Chocolate, cream and raspberry jam with vanilla frosting? Not a bad combo. But seeing as we're going to be having a lot of weddings, 8 more of them in fact, I think I'd better download some other cakes as well. For now though, everyone's going to enjoy this one.


Ooh, this cake would make an interesting artwork the way it's been cut, showing all the layers. 


 Alisha and Marshall join everyone else inside. I don't think our dining room has had this many people in it at one time ever before now. At parties we usually just order pizza or cook barbeque, or put food out on the counter. So it's nice to see the dining room being used. Unfortunately, there weren't quite enough chairs.


 Now for dancing to burn off all the calories from that scrummy cake they just ate. And what's this? It looks like someone brought their dog to the party? Or maybe it belongs to the next door neighbours. Either way, that's definitely a dog in the bottom right hand corner. Lucky is the one over near the stereo, watching his master and mistress. 

And...and...OMG. There's a nakie guy in the spa! Fair enough do it at your own house, but not at someone's wedding party, mister! Nobody needs to see that. D:


 The party was a wonderful success and I got lots of nice screenshots. And here is another nice screenshot showing that Autumn has come. XD Everything is covered in frost once again, even though it seems only a short time since it left. This is probably because I skipped a lot of days where nothing of great interest happened, or nothing that would advance the story happened. I almost pity the paparazzi who chooses to stand outside all night in this. It looks frigging cold.
 

 My sims however, are inside, toasty and warm in their winter pajamas. Alisha's got her new buttons onesie to keep her warm, and a little physical activity by a game of tug o war never hurts either. Get that rope, Lucky! Grr rrrr~! Hehe.


 The pets are indoor pets too, so they don't have to worry about rain and cold. Here is Mister Alabaster, in a very ungentlemanly pose. What a cutie. He seems to be worried about crying babies and for good reason. Not quite yet kitty. I think you're safe from those for a while because Alisha and Marshall need time to settle in first. ^_^


 And settle into their new lives together is exactly what they are working on. Sure, they were living together before but now it's different because they are married, and they're here together for good. 

Alisha's improving her skills at the drafting table, while Marshall is reading a book. Perhaps we should get him a job in the local library, if that's possible. Then again, being athletic, he might not be able to handle an office job. Maybe something with more action. Hmm...


Oh now, what's happening here? Alisha, why are you crying? 

Alisha: "It's...Alabaster!" *sob sob* 

What's wrong with him? He looks perfectly healthy.



Oh. That. Well, we knew it had to come some time. But it's still sad.

Grim: "Greetings, mortal girl Alisha. Your father says hi" 

Alabaster: "Mroww!" 

Aw, don't be scared Alabaster. I think the reaper loves animals.


Alisha: "H-he does? Oh, well, would you tell him I said hi. How is he going?"

Grimmy: "Hrmm, I will pass the message on. He is going as well as might be expected. Spending lots of time with Agnes McLear. He says to tell you not to worry. And he said he will take good care of Alabaster for you" 

Alisha: "Oh. That's good to hear...Alabaster, did you hear that? It's okay. Dad will be waiting for you when you get there". 

Grim: "Here kitty kitty, good kitty"


 Grimmy: "Good kitty, good kitty, you'll be safe with us. Come along now" 

Alisha: *sob sniffle* "Oh, Alabaster, we will miss you"


 Grimmy: "There there. It is very upsetting losing a pet. But when you adopt them into your life, you must accept all the parts of it, even this part."

Alabaster: "purrrpurrr" 

Alisha: "At least *sob* I know he'll be in good hands. Thank you"

Grimmy: "I will ask the creator if he will allow him to come back and see you every now and again, if it helps. Seeing as I am going to be dealing with this family for many generations to come..."


 Alabaster: "Meow meow meow" 

Grimmy: "Alabaster says goodbye and not to worry, and that he looks forward to meeting again in the afterlife" 

Alisha: "Oh, thank you Alabaster. We do too" 

Grimmy: "And now it is time. Here kitty, see the toy, get the nice toy..."


 Grim: "Yep, there he goes. Always enjoy watching this part. By the way, don't lose the urn. It is his portal between this world and the other world. If you lose it, he will not be able to come out and visit you and you will have to wait till you can see him again"

Alisha: "O-okay, I'll make sure to put it somewhere safe"


And so ends the story of Alabaster McLear, for the meantime anyway. Everyone understandably goes into a period of mourning for their feline friend. Hopefully Ala will come out sooner rather than later and say hello. 

His job done, the Grim Reaper drifts away...


 Into our home office. What?! Lol.

Grim: "Hey it's been forever since I checked my PafeBook page" 

Oh well. Fair enough then...I suppose.


 This being a prime oppotunity, Alisha goes in to talk to her dad's old pal. They share a deep and meaningful conversation about... their favourite colours. Seriously guys? All the things you could talk about and that's what you come up with? Oh well, at least they're talking. 

Grimmy: "Yes, black is always so soothing, I find. The stars shine all the brighter in it, and it makes for a very nice restful sleep should one's eyes be strained from too much PafeBook. One of the things I always liked about the Goth family - plenty of dark nooks and crannies to hide in. And have you ever tried fishing at night...."


 Alisha: "My favourite colour is orange. But you probably already know that. Err, well, not just any orange. Like...like the colour of pumpkins, or um, fizzy drink, or parrot orange. It's a warm, tangy sort of colour and..."

I'm sure this will be one of Alisha's most memorable conversations in life.


 Now...we have too many food bowls again. But I can't bring myself to get rid of one. Instead, Alisha tries to help Dumpling feel better with a nice game of wall birdy.


 And when Dumpling still seems blue, I send her out to have fun hunting a womrat. Not the safest place to do so, mind you. What ever is a womrat doing in the middle of the road?  XD


 Alisha's moping around home isn't really helpful so when she gets an invitation to a spooky day party, we accept. Her costume is...well, I think that's an army outfit but not a hundred percent sure. The other guy is easy to tell - a cowplant! Hehe.


 Alisha: "Why does everyone want my autograph but not to get to know me? It's not like I meant to end up a celebrity. Just because my mum was a little bit famous..."


 But she signed it all the same.You've made someone's spooky day party very happy, Alisha. Well, not the guy in the cow plant suit - he looks kind of bored, and maybe a little miffed. 

Alisha: "Oh, don't mind him, he's just jealous. I already signed for him too. And you know what, whenever I try to talk to him, he won't speak to me. I don't have as many stars or something..."


 But she is famous enough to hang out with mrs police officer, so we do that instead, dancing in the bedroom. Odd place to dance...


 Meanwhile, back at home, Marshall hands out some candy to the one person who could be bothered to get dressed up and come to the doorway in the bitter cold. 

Marshall: "For that much effort, she could have all the candy. Here you go"


Now who is this pretty kitty, you might be wondering. Another cat has been adopted into the family. Alisha's life time wish is slowly being fulfilled. I think the cat's name is Poppy but I'll have to check, as it's been a while since I played the game. Too many screenshots to make captions for on my blog. Now that we're caught up with all of them, I shall be able to dive back in and play some more...and let you know whether this beauty's name is Poppy or something else.  Either way, they are a very pretty cat, and will be much loved.

 So, how was the party Alisha? 

"It was all right. I'm more excited about my...er..our, new cat than I am about the Spooky Day party. Made a new friend though, that's always good" 

How nice. I am glad to hear it. And are you ready for the next part in our legacy? 

Alisha: "As ready as I'll ever be. But I think I already know what you have in mind!"

Ahh, but DO you? In the next chapter, let's find out. Because I don't even know. (Anything beyond 'have baby' anyway. Lol)


No comments:

Post a Comment